To set up SMS tracking for your recipients, follow the below steps:
- Log in to your Sherpa Dashboard
- Delivery Preferences
- Send SMS tracking
If you have selected the SMS tracking checkbox and entered the correct mobile number, the recipient will receive a text message with their tracking link.
Now, let's walk you through the end-user (recipient) experience!
- Once the delivery has been ‘Picked Up’ an SMS is sent to the recipient with a tracking link
- When the recipient clicks on this link they will be taken to a tracking page within their web browser. Here they will be notified of their delivery date and time. They are also presented with three questions:
- On this page the recipient can also add a delivery note. This option is located on the bottom left hand corner of the screen.
- Once they click on this button they are taken to the following page where they can add details for the Sherpa Driver to follow.
- From here the Recipient can click on ‘Track My Order’ and see where the Sherpa is. Please see the map below as an example. The recipient can also contact the Driver directly by clicking the phone icon.